Back to top
- This is a collection of reviews of great books for kids, ideas of ways to use them in the classroom and collections of books and activities about particular subjects, curriculum areas, themes and professional topics.
- This bibliography contains children's literature with social studies organized in the following categories: Civics, Core Democratic Values. Civics, Economics, Geography, and History.
- These key concepts are sung to familiar tunes and a great way to learn economics for younger children.
- This site is loaded to the brim with the lyrics to almost two thousand kids' songs, organized both alphabetically and by subject -- all free for your viewing and listening pleasure! If you can't find what you're looking for, try our song search tool!
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids is a service of the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO). This site provides learning tools for early elementary students, parents, and teachers.
- Grade 2 Community Resources
- Kids and Community Activities
Grade 2 Community Lesson - This lesson is identified as Grade 3 but under the MI GLCE's it fits for Grade 2.
Local Historical Societies of Michigan - These are the MI Historical organizations with their contact information. They are HSM Members.
Teacher Created Lesson Plans Contact David Hales at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additions you would like to make.
- Social Studies Lesson Plans and Resources
- Share My Lesson
- Teacher Tipster
Cyber Sleuth Site
Lesson Plan Central
The Crayola Educators' Website
Cool Lessons Website
Teaching Social Studies Strategies
Mr Donn's Lessons
March 31 Carol Egbo RESA Workshop Resources History Handouts
Public Issues Handouts
Grade K Econ Folder Game: Option 1
Grade K Econ Folder Game: Option 2
Grade 1 Econ Board Game: Option 1
Grade 1 Econ Board Game: Option 2
Grade 2 Econ Game: Option 1
Grade 2 Econ Game: Option 2
Artifact Activity Handouts
Birds Eye View Document
Landforms and Bodies of Water
- The simple activities are meant to give you ideas for: Teaching how money works and what it can do, Talking about how your family uses money, and Modeling good money management.