Adapted from Ingham ISD
All Michigan public schools must engage in a continuous improvement process and develop a 3-to-5 year improvement plan. School improvement plans must be submitted to the district by September 1. School improvement plans shall include at minimum:
- Goals centered on student academic learning
- Strategies and activities to accomplish the goals
- Evaluation and assessment processes to determine the plan's effectiveness in improving academic learning (multiple assessments of student achievement, skills and competencies)
- Methods for effective use of technology (improve learning and integration of evolving technology in the curriculum)
- Ways to make available (as appropriate) opportunities for structured on-the-job learning (apprenticeships, internships, combined with classroom instruction)
Federal law requires that all schools in districts receiving Title I funds, regardless of whether each individual school actually receive funds, base school improvement plans on a Comprehensive Needs Assessment (CNA).
THE SCHOOL BUILDING CNA PROCESS CONSISTS OF 3 STEPS
- Complete the School Data Profile and analyze/summarize the information in the profile
- Complete the School Process Rubrics (SPR 90) and analyze/summarize the Process data. Each school in a district receiving Title I funds is assigned a school year in which they conduct the SPR (90). This is done once every five years. In intervening years, schools complete the School Process Rubrics (40) (SPR 40)
- Complete the Summary Report (Manage Goals) from the school and process data findings
Both the SPR (90) and the School Process Rubrics (40) are completed online at: AdvancEd. The primary person responsible for school improvement and/or accreditation activities at each building is given an access code to enter this information.
For help, contact MDE and NCA CASI Online Technical Support: 866.773.1128 or email@example.com.
Update new building administrator information online in the Education Entity Master (EEM)
SCHOOL BUILDING REPORT WINDOWS FOR THE CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR:
|School Data Profile and Analysis (SPD/A)||February 2013 to April 1, 2013|
|School Process Rubrics (40 or 90) OR||To Be Announced|
|AdvancED Michigan Self Assessment or|
ASSIST Self Assessment
October 2012 to April 1, 2013
|School Improvement Plan||February 2013 to September 1, 2013|