The Grants and Fund Development Center was established by the Wayne Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA) to assist in the procurement of additional funding for public education.
The mission of the Grants and Fund Development Center is to help RESA provide innovative programs and services to schools in Wayne County and to build the capacity of schools to use the grant-seeking process to obtain the supplementary funds needed to provide all Wayne County students with equitable access to quality educational programs.
In order to accomplish this mission the Grants and Fund Development staff maintains and provides the following services:
- Grants Listserve: distributes the electronic grants Newsletter, Searching for Dollars, and also provides special information and notices;
- Training: provided through periodic workshops on the mechanics of winning grants;
- Technical Assistance: offers teams face-to-face and phone assistance focused on the actual preparation of grant application packages; and
- Consultation: helps districts develop (1) funding consortia and partnerships; (2) project designs; (3) funding resource location; and (4) managing projects.
- Comprehensive list of grants, including government, corporate, and foundation grants for 2012.