Wayne RESA Special Education Centers Teacher Tools
This web area is for the use of special education teachers and staff who instruct students with cognitive impairments. These students are receiving instruction based on the alternate achievement standards of the Common Core Essential Elements and/or the Michigan Extended Grade Level Expectations. The teacher tools located in this web area are developed by special educators through the Wayne RESA Common Core Essential Elements Alternate Achievement Project that began in 2012 -13 and is on-going. These tools and assessments are developed by teachers from special education center program teachers in Dearborn, Detroit, Garden City, Grosse Pointe, Lincoln Park, Livonia, Northville, Redford Union, Wayne-Westland, and Wyandotte. This web area is intended for teacher and staff to access as tools to support classroom instruction. For access to the teacher tools, contact your special education administrator or the Wayne RESA special education offices.
COMMON CORE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS
MICHIGAN ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS AND RANGE OF COMPLEXITY
Math and ELA Essential elements are located at this link: http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-22709_28463-18034--,00.html
AT-A-GLANCE COMMON CORE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS
Web Resource Links
- 200 Apps for Special Education
- Michigan Department of Education Dynamic Learning Maps Common Core Essential Elements
- Michigan Department of Education Extended Grade Level Expectations
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Expectations for Students with Cognitive Disabilities: Is the Cup Half Empty or Half Full? Can the Cup Flow Over?
To access Teacher Tools click here.
Training Opportunities for Center Program Teachers
- Using Tech to Develop Life Skills ASD Teleconference October 30, 2015
Click HERE for flyer and details
- Dr. Janet Sturm
November 3, 2015
See your administrator to register