Michigan K-12 ELA Standards
The Michigan Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects (“the standards”) represent the next generation of K–12 standards designed to prepare all students for success in college, career, and life by the time they graduate from high school. This page is designed to support districts in implementing the Michigan K-12 Standards for ELA and more fully understanding the assessments that will be used to determine if the standards are being met.
ELA Reading Continuum
ELA Writing Continuum
- Achieve the Core - Text Complexity - This resource includes tools to help teachers select, assess, and analyze texts for complexity.
- Leadership for the Common Core – Reports NAESPs survey results from more than one thousand principals.
- Michigan’s Action Plan for Literacy Excellence – Details the background, objectives and strategies for achieving Michigan’s “Top 10 in 10” goal.
- Michigan Common Core State Standards Resources and Guides - Provides brief introduction materials to the standards. Ideal for sharing the fundamentals of CCSS.
- The Mission Literacy website - Contains a vast amount of resources for implementing the common core.
- Michigan K-12 State Standards Instructional Resources - Provides resources to support the three instructional shifts recommended for literacy in English Language Arts, social studies, science, and technical subjects.
- Tools for Teachers & Professional Learning Modules - Includes the first four installments of a six-part series of modules in the "Tools for Teachers" series of open education resources for professional learning, as well as an additional module examining how school-level leadership can wield instructional leadership teams (ILTs) and looking at student work (LASW) to better implement the elevated expectations of Michigan Standards.