Just as the extra pair of wings enables the dragonfly to accomplish astounding aeronautic gymnastics, paraprofessionals have become the extra pair of hands that allows teachers to truly support and make a difference for every student. This extra pair of hands (your hands) provides the extra help, extra attention and extra time that every student needs to be successful. The Master Teacher
Contact your director or supervisor to get the forms. The only forms that are acceptable are marked at the bottom with April 2019 or 4/2019.
Act 18 Funding
- The IEP team decides the need for additional adult support.
- Wayne RESA only determines if the student(s) meet the moderate to severe criteria for Act 18 IP funding reimbursement.
- If the student does not meet Act 18 IP funding criteria, it is the district’s responsibility to fund the necessary support.
Timelines and Payment Schedule
Payments will be made in: December, April and August
The timeline for submission of requests for each payment period are as follows:
|Submission of Request due date||Payment schedule|
|October 28, 2019||December (Initial)|
|February 10, 2020||April (Mid-year)|
|April 13, 2020||August (Final)|
Summary Spreadsheet: When a Student Moves
The exiting district
- Needs to submit a new summary spreadsheet indicating that the student withdrew and;
- Indicate the date of withdrawal
The receiving district
Once the student is present in the new district, the new district;
- Needs to submit a new summary spreadsheet with;
a) the start date.
b) the new student information and;
- Needs to resubmit an updated building program plan to the RESA e mail
IP Checklist: RESA Electronic Submission
- Assurance Statement
- Building/Program Plans
- New SEI requests must submit MET, IEP, FBA, BIP, EIP, Behavioral Data Summaries, and Determination Rubric
- New ASD requests must submit ASD/TC Outreach statement
- New and Re-request OHI, VI, DHH, POHI and O & M Outreach Statements
- Completed Summary Spreadsheet
- Update Summary Spreadsheet for new students (create a new spreadsheet with the new students information)
Positive Behavioral Interventions & Support for Students with ASD (START Project GVSU)
The goal of this training is to help students with disabilities become as independent as possible in the school, home, and community setting.