Polyplot Mapping System
A common goal in school districts is to transport students safely and efficiently while maintaining quality service. The Polyplot© Mapping System provides a unique and powerful tool designed for school districts to analyze student information interactively and graphically.
Polyplot© provides a broad range of formats for displaying school district information. The transportation office can develop and maintain complete, detailed route schedule information. For school district administrative planning, Polyplot© can be used in building/classroom utilization studies, boundary analysis, voting precinct information or any other map-oriented study.
Implemented in over 110 districts throughout Michigan..
Program Features for Routing
- Variety of graphic display formats
- Flexible map presentation—any map view can be shown from 50 feet to 50 miles.
- Comprehensive student selection criteria , including school, grade, ethnic code, busing eligibility, regular and/or special ed. students, and student eligibility
- Route schedule time graph analysis
- Detailed route/run/bus stop development tools
- Special education needs i.e., door-to-door service, individual student impairments and equipment requirements
- School Sets easily created to accommodate the need for bus stops and runs common to more than one school.
- Simulate proposed stop assignments for evaluation and feasibility
Build and store customized boundaries (polygons) for:
- Identifying at-risk areas
- Millage and bond proposal information
- Quick graphical location of student home
- Interactive visual student database
- Defining bus eligibility (walkout zones) with instantaneous graphical response
- Custom reporting options based on processed information inside or outside of polygon
Complete reporting facility
- Geographic information
- GEO file verification
- Stop assignments
- Bus stop times
- Student information
- Student eligibility to ride
- Bus postcard
- School information
- Student/GEO street names
- Driver instructions
- Export into third-party reporting programs
Components of Polyplot© Mapping System:
- Polyplot, the general mapping program
- GEO Coding, digitized address program including address ranges, street segment, road types, one-way indicators, speed limit, etc. Update the map as your district develops.
- Import/Export options are used to interface with other databases.
- Communication/bandwidth requirement: T1 or better
- Windows XP/7/8
- 4 GB RAM
- 10 GB Disk space
- 2 GHz Processor
- 1920 x 1080 screen resolution
- 17" monitor or bigger