Science Content Area
Wayne RESA science consultants are here to help schools best serve their students. Please contact us for support in curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional learning.
The Master Science Teacher Fellowship is an opportunity to become part of a community of science educators who learn, lead, and grow together. We at Wayne County RESA know that teaching is a complex endeavor and we aim to create a county wide network of skilled educators and mentors that will move science education throughout the 21st century. Click here to learn more.
The Wayne Regional STEM Network envisions a region where every student is engaged in robust and authentic STEM experiences and has the opportunity to enter the regional STEM economy.
All aspects of K - 12 science programs must be aligned with the Michigan Grade Level Content Expectations and the Michigan Merit Curriculum. Expectations should be implemented within and across grade levels to meet or exceed the standards and expectations. It is anticipated that the Michigan Department of Education will soon be adopting a new set of the standards, "The Michigan Science Standards," which will be based on the Next Generation Science Standards.
- (PDF) Curriculum Coherence Document
- Developed at Wayne RESA, the purpose of the document is to help you save time as you navigate through the curriculum process.
- Atlas Rubicon
- Wayne RESA is now making available complete grade level courses using Atlas Rubicon, a curriculum management tool. The courses are aligned to the present Michigan Science Grade Level Content Expectations. They have been developed through consortia led by Oakland Schools and the Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators.
- (PDF) NGSS Overview for Principals
- (PDF) Michigan Merit Curriculum
- Implementing the Michigan Science Standards
- Michigan Science Standards are the Performance Expectations
- How to Read the Standards
- Understand the Standards Before you Commit
- NGSX @WAYNE RESA: Next Generation Science Exemplar
- Is There a Process that will help me Unpack the new Michigan Science Standards
- Graduation Requirements
- A Framework for K-12 Education
- Impact of the Michigan Science Standard on Assessment
- The Michigan Science Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards Require Tools for Ambitious Science Teaching
- Free Posters on the NGSS Science and Engineering Practices
- Free Copy of the NGSS
- Free NGSS App
- In the GNSS Classroom with Teacher Kristin Mayer Video Series
- NGSS Professional Development Workshops From Create for STEM
- NGSS Social Media
- Bozeman Science and the NGSS
- Implementing the NGSS: Hallmarks of a Fully Realized School System
- Achieve and the Teaching Channel Released new Classroom Video Demonstrating Transitions to NGSS
- Assessment Timeline
- Major Shifts in Science Assessment
- Science Assessment Examples and Resources
- Michigan Science Assessments and High Stakes Accountability
- Three Dimensional Science Assessment Resources
- NGSS Evidence Statements
- Science Assessment Item Collaborative
- SAT, M-STEP Science Assessment and School Accountability
- NGSS Sample Assessment
- Panel Recommends New Breed of Assessments for Science and Learning