Parent Advisory Committee
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Governor has issued an executive order. This executive order changes your child's educational environment, which is education in the home. Michigan Department of Education has required each district to develop a Continuity of Learning Plan that addresses how the district will continue to provide an education to your child. If your child's teacher has not contacted you, please contact your district's Director of Special Education.
In accordance with the Executive Order (EO) 2020-35, schools are developing their district-level Continuity of Learning and COVID-19 Response Plans outlining their plans of learning for all students, including students with disabilities. Please see the Michigan Department of Education's guidance (PDF) for more information.
"Each intermediate school district in Michigan is required to appoint a Parent Advisory Committee (PAC), composed of representatives from each of its constituent districts. The representatives "shall consist only of parents of students with disabilities with at least 1 parent from each constituent local school district and public school academy..." - Rule 340.1838 Michigan Administrative Rules for Special Education Supplemented with Selected IDEA Federal Regulations, March 2012
In Wayne County, each of our local school districts is encouraged to appoint one or two PAC representatives. Wayne County Parent Advisory Committee (WCPAC) members often serve as an information source for other parents in their community. Each monthly business meeting of the WCPAC includes a parent training segment on issues identified by the members.
For information, contact Larry Stemple, Wayne RESA WCPAC, Special Education Consultant (734) 334-1541.
- (DOC) PAC Subcommittee Description and Rules
- (PDF) PAC By-Laws May 11, 2017
- (PDF) WCPAC Brochure 2018-2019
- (PDF) Wayne RESA Special Education Plan - Revised February 2017
Current PAC News
- (PDF) June 11, 2020 Agenda
- (PDF) May 2020 WCPAC Meeting
- (PDF) May 14, 2020 Meeting Minutes
- (PPT) Trauma-Informed Practices PBIS
- (PDF) PAC Meeting Dates 2019-2020
- (IMG) 2019-20WCPAC Meeting Dates and Topics
- (DOC) PAC Membership 2019-20
- (PPT) Section 504 for Parents
- (PDF) Michigan Department of Education Special Education (MI-SER) Information
- (PDF) Michigan Administrative Rules For Special Education - February 2018
- (PDF) Michigan Department of Education Dispute Resolutions Options
- (PDF) Transition Planning: Things to Know - February 14, 2019
- (PPT) Achieving A Better Life Experience (MiABLE) Act - February 8, 2018
- (PDF) MDE-OSE / Wayne RESA General Supervision and Monitoring - June 13, 2019 PAC Meeting
- (PDF) Introduction to Catamaran